Instagram advertising has become a vital strategy to improve your branding.
Keeping Up With The Social Media Trends
The world has certainly changed a great deal during the past decades. Advances in technology have made many tasks easier. Besides, the social media trend has completely changed the game for companies that seek to remain in touch with their customers throug Instagram advertising.
With its photo-sharing capacity, Instagram has quickly grown its user base and many brands have taken notice. Apart from maintaining company websites and separate social media accounts, a lot of businesses have also started to explore the benefits of promoting their brand on Instagram. So far, this has been an unqualified success for those who were able to do it right, and they have observed the following benefits:
- A wider, more global reach. Instagram is clearly poised for exponential growth. Garnering about 150 million users in as little as three years, this photo-sharing app’s reach has definitely gone global. And since the app allows anyone to follow your brand’s Instagram account, getting through to a lot of potential customers from other countries can open up a whole new market for a business. As a result, Instagram advertising is today one of the best business practices.
- High visibility. Unlike other social media platforms that tend to use certain algorithms to determine how often posts appear on a newsfeed, each Instagram advertising post shows up on the newsfeed of an account’s followers. Another plus is that every single one of your Instagram posts continues to live on in your account or profile. They don’t get archived or buried like they do in other social media applications. Using the right hashtags also increases the exposure of your carefully-curated posts and enables you to reach even more followers.
- Potential to drive traffic to your official website. If you happen to post enough intriguing content, your followers are likely to poke around in your profile to see if they can find out more about your brand. If you included the address or link to your official website on your “about” page, then you may find your site’s traffic going up in no time.
More Essential Features
Instagram also allows you to invite your followers to visit your official website when you comment on other posts or make CTAs (calls to action).
- Flexibility with other social media accounts. For a brand or a business to survive, it must be able to keep up with the times. Thus, many companies usually maintain several social media accounts for their brands. [ctt template=”4″ link=”J8hat” via=”no” ]Moreover, Instagram has certain features that allow its users to link their profiles to their other social media accounts. [/ctt]This makes the sharing of unified and standardized content much easier. In addition, the fact that Instagram also allows you to import your contacts from other platforms makes retaining your target audience’s attention a lot less difficult.
- High engagement levels. Whether it’s the interactive environment or the sheer visual impact of the material being posted on Instagram, it is one of the most effective ways to engage your target audience. The app allows them to view your posts, comment on such, and to share photos and gushing reviews of products or services purchased from your business.
Brief History of Instagram
Instagram is one of the most downloaded apps today. As a consequence, it is also one of the most prolific. People from all over the world sharing photos almost every second of the day.
But do you have any idea how this app came about in the first place? – Well, here’s a guide to the history of Instagram for your convenience!
In 2010, Instagram was born.
The app is the brainchild of Kevin Systrom, an American entrepreneur who was part of Forbes 30 Most Powerful List, and Mike Krieger, a software engineer and Brazilian entrepreneur.
Development began in San Francisco. The developers wanted to focus on a photo sharing app after working on an HTML5 program called Burbn, and named it Instagram, as an ode to the words Instant Camera, and Telegram. They received funding from their partners on Burbn, as well.
The main idea is to help users post Polaroid-like photos that they can tweak with filters, and share videos with maximum time of 15 seconds. This way, people could get a glimpse into their world—with creativity in check.
Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010 for the iPhone, and by December of that same year, the app has amassed 1 million users.
In March 2011, the first Worldwide Instameet was staged. It was an event that allowed Instagram users from all over the world to meet in their own respective areas and hold photowalks to commemorate the success of the app, and of the community!
The addition of more filters happened throughout 2011, too. In November of that year, the Hashtag Weekend Project was created, as a means of letting users make use of a certain hashtag each weekend. Instagram then chooses a photo from these hashtags to share on their own profile.
April 2012 proved to be a pivotal moment for Instagram.
Aside from launching the app on Android on April 6, Facebook bought Instagram on April 9 of the same year.
By July of 2012, Instagram gained 80 million users, and during the course of that year. It also added more filters and features , including:
- Photo Maps
- Mobile Photo Pages
- Web Profiles
Not only that, the app also became available in over 25 languages. As a result, it broadened its reach, gaining more followers and profit in return!
By 2013, Instagram gained over 150 million users and have started the trend of letting photos be embedded on websites. By the end of that year, Instagram Direct, Instagram’s own private messaging service, became also available!
Today and Beyond
Today, Instagram has over 150 million active monthly users. Take a look at these numbers:
- 16 billion photos that are being shared daily,
- 55 million photos posted, and
- 1.2 billion likes every single day.
And it is definitely not the end.
The truth is that Instagram’s history is just beginning. It surely is not just a fad; furthermore, it’s an app for the ages—and you could only be glad that you have become witness to its success!
A Final Comment
Instagram advertising, formerly an indispensable and highly underused tool for engaging with an audience and establishing authority, is now something much more powerful… It is an opportunity to bring your fans along with you and to let them feel like they’re really a part of your brand.
A complete videocourse on How to Use Instagram for Business – Click Here for more details
This book is a perfect guide to understand how to interact with your target audience and to build a smart following that is filled with engaging people not just a large number of followers who aren’t interested. Click on image to learn more.